You know it’s summer when…
- You have had the opportunity to preach the Word 3 out of the last 6 days.
- You have been able to minister to 2 different youth groups and a group of people from all ages at a country church homecoming.
- You were given the opportunity to preach the gospel yesterday morning at 2:45 AM.
- You were up most of the night, yesterday morning, ministering to students at a lock in.
- You are working a ton trying to get camps rolling for the summer at work.
- You are preparing to lead a summer high school small group.
- You are seeking God to open more doors to minister.
All this to say, I love summer and am grateful to God for giving me the privilege to serve Him in ministering to people. Here are some prayer requests for me as I go through the summer:
- Pray that God would give me strength and wisdom as I stay very busy.
- Pray for a fresh passion and desire for the Word of God.
- Pray for a spirit of humility.
- Pray for strength, wisdom, and the power of the Holy Spirit to guard me from temptation and sin.
- Pray for a wise use of my time, energy, and resources.
- Pray that Jesus Christ, not ministry, would remain my central passion.
I would really appreciate your prayers during this season of opportunity and busyness. If there is something I can be praying for in your world, please send me an email.