Biblical Principles for Dating Relationships: Questions for Reflection
Concluding Questions for Reflection
- Is our relationship built on and out of our personal pursuits of Jesus Christ?
- Is their any eternal fruit coming from this relationship?
- What is our ultimate pursuit in life – Jesus Christ or someone or something else we are worshiping as our god?
- Are we building up or tearing down the other person?
- Are we deriving our value from our relationship with Jesus Christ not the other person or the relationship?
- What does the picture of my body being a temple of the Holy Spirit do for boundaries in dating?
- What “prostitutes” are we uniting ourselves to that we need to repent of?
- Am I building my brother or sister up in Jesus Christ through my relationship?
- Is holiness or “how far is to far” the focus of my relationship physically?
- What desires lurk in the depths of my life that have the possibility of launching me into a cycle of sin?
- What do I need to repent of to God for my views and actions in my relationships?
- What do I need to repent of to the other person in the relationship for not being?
- How can we establish a relationship following out of our relationships with Jesus Christ?