In Put Your Dream to the Test: 10 Questions to Help You See It and Seize It, John C. Maxwell leads the reader through ten helpful steps for taking your dream, testing the dream, and making the strategic plan to make the dream become a reality. Maxwell’s book contains the following ten questions to be used in defining and planning to pursue your dream:
- The Ownership Question: Is my dream really my dream?
- The Clarity Question: Do I clearly see my dream?
- The Reality Question: Am I depending on factors within my control to achieve my dream?
- The Passion Question: Does my dream compel me to follow it?
- The Pathway Question: Do I have a strategy to reach my dream?
- The People Question: Have I included the people I need to realize my dream?
- The Cost Question: Am I willing to pay the price for my dream?
- The Tenacity Question: Am I moving closer to my dream?
- The Fulfillment Question: Does working toward my dream bring satisfaction?
- The Significance Question: Does my dream benefit others?
These questions form a very good filter for strategic planning to make dreams a reality. Maxwell has a great ability to break each question down into individual questions and surveys that allow you to further explore the critical issues that he brings to light when preparing to pursue your dream. This book contains many quotes and stories of people who have succeeded in achieving their dreams. This is a great resource for filtering your dreams and ideas. It leads you to begin to ask the questions that will form the pathway to your dream becoming a reality!